If there is one thing all technical team can agree on, it is nobody likes to do repetitive tasks day after day. Such tasks are not only burden on your team, but also a critical issue for job satisfaction. Besides, nobody wants to lose opportunities for faster release cycle, better time management, focusing on providing better product rather than the process itself. Hence, don’t hold yourself back anymore. You should not lose more time if you don’t already have a CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery) in place. Deployment should be as easy as writing a hello world code.
“Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.”
– William Penn
Benefits of CI/CD in a Nutshell
- Faster Action: You can release product in smaller changes because you don’t need to worry about all the time spent for deploying. It is all automated.
- Higher Revenue: Time is money, period. Today competition is high and all around the world. If you are late to put your product or new features out there, someone else will do it. If this is not your first day in business, then you obviously now what it means to be the first in the market. Get your product live and start making money, rather than spending your time on deployment and managing the same process every single day.
- Reduced Cost: Automation means tested and verified process will be done without human error. So, you will save yourself from a lot of trouble. Also, your team will have more time to focus on other tasks
- Decreased Employee Turnover: People want to have opportunities to develop themselves. Assigning a repetitive task does not help with that goal. Once you remove the burden of the repeating tasks, your team will spend their time on much more exciting tasks. It is lovely to be surrounded by smiling and excited faces.
- Higher Quality Code and Operations: Automation helps removing human error. If you also have automated tests, then bad code can hardly make it to production.